Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bread Crumbs

D left yesterday.  I started the work segment of this trip so it was time for him to go home and get back to work himself.  It was odd coming back to the hotel room last night and being alone for the night.  Fortunately, he left me some bread crumbs to help me find my way back home later this week.


The first one I found right away, it was in plain sight as I walked in the room.  The second I found on the desk when I set my things down.  Then I got curious…were there others, surely there were, but where?  I looked in the bedroom, nothing on the bed (I even moved the covers and pillows around to make sure I didn’t miss it).  Nothing in the bathroom.  So only 2…I feel strangely deflated.

Getting ready for bed, I find #3 in the drawer with my clothes!  There are more!  #4 turns up on top of the suitcase in the closet.  I put them all in my laptop bag to take with me. 

I hope I found them all, if not, the cleaning lady will get a surprise.  Would it make her smile?  I hope so, I certainly did.

There is only one thing left to say today:




2 comments:

  1. You made me smile too. Be safe and enjoy the Woods, I know you can't wait to get back to see how little Audrey has changed. I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile. I really enjoyed reading this. :)

    ReplyDelete